Hi, I'm Anna and I am living as an exchange student in Cordoba. Argentina.
I am living with a family and attending school here. I arrived July 18th and have been loving every minute of my stay here!
I can't belive that I have to leave so soon! I have been having the time of my life, trying new foods, going to new places, and experiencing a new life.
This blog as been set up for my family and friends so that they can see all the crazy adventures I have been having here

Monday, April 25, 2011

Buenos Aires

I had an amazing opportunity to travel with my host family to Buenos Aires for Easter.

Wednesday night we took a double decker bus from Cordoba to Buenos Aires. The bus left at about 10:30 and arrived at 7:30. The idea was to sleep on the bus. I didn't sleep very well. I fell asleep listening to music on my ipod and my cell phone in the other hand. I woke up and had neither. When I woke up and didn't have it, I that that I had put it in my bag before I fell asleep. I got off the bus, and it wasn't in my bag. I go back to the bus and the bus is gone. Things are often stolen. So I really don't know what happened, if it was stolen, or if it fell on the ground. Either way... it will be a very long flight back without music.

Other than that minor hicup it was an amazing trip. Thursday we did some sight seeing, we were able to see the casa rosada (pink house, a church, and the Boca. The Boca is where the immigrants first lived, in huge appartment complexes. Since then it has been painted bright colors and is now a tourist sight. There is tango and painters in the street. We stoped to drink an afternoon cafe
.




















The next day we took a subway to the train station. From their we took about an hour train ride to Parque de la Costa. An amusement park. It wasn't too big, but it did have two rollar coasters, the swings and a ferris wheel, tea cups, and a couple more rides.


Later that night when we returned to the hotel room there was a futbol team eating at the resturant in the hotel. I have no idea who they are but the boys were excited, we got a couple autographs and photos. They won their game the next day.




We went out to eat at a very historic pizza place. it was amazing!

The next day we visited a famous cemetery. They weren't jsut tomb stones, but more like monuments. The cemetery started out as a family cemetery, where all the rich people and their families were burried. It has since been transformed into a cemetery for the famous. Famous politicians and public figures are burried there. As you walk threw you can still see some of the older tombs. They are slowly being taken out so that there is more room for the famous people. One of the pictures is of a woman and a dog. the story goes.... that at night the dog runs around and destroys the tomb stones.




















After that we went to some outlets to do some shopping. I didn't find anything that I liked. So i didn't buy anything. Later that night we took the bus back to Cordoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment