Hi, I'm Anna and I am living as an exchange student in Cordoba. Argentina.
I am living with a family and attending school here. I arrived July 18th and have been loving every minute of my stay here!
I can't belive that I have to leave so soon! I have been having the time of my life, trying new foods, going to new places, and experiencing a new life.
This blog as been set up for my family and friends so that they can see all the crazy adventures I have been having here

Sunday, April 10, 2011

busy weekend!!

Today is Sunday, so that means an update of my weekend!This weekend was very busy.

Friday after school I went to the salon to get my hair cut. After that I watched a futbol game then fell asleep at 12:30.
I love how i fall asleep earlier on a Friday night than any other night of the week.

New Hair



Saturday morning I went with my boyfriend to centro. I love just walking around seeing all the different people and what the sell. The new Argentina Futbol jersey came out about 2 weeks ago. That means the old one is on sale. I am my fathers daughter.... So... I just couldn't resist a good deal. I like the older one more than the newer one anyway.


As we were walking back to the bus stop we saw a group of artists drawing and painting. Some had signs for caractures. The people who draw funny impressions of you. I have always wanted to get one done before... But I have never felt like putting the money for one. It wasn't that expensive. 15 pesos for every person. 30 pesos is about 8 dollars more or less. Personally I dont think it looks like either one of us... but you be the judge>>>> to tell the truth I am kind of embarrassed to post this, but it makes laugh : )



After arriving home from centro I slept the siesta.
Later last night we went to a club in Carlos Paz to celebrate a friends birthday. Normally we go to the club Molino Rojo. Last night we went to Keops. Which... is also for older people. Im not talking like 20 to 25 older. Im talking OLD. Like people older than my dad were walking in. (love you dad) Please take note, that we arrived at 1 am, and were not allowed to enter until 2. So grandparents were going out to party at all hours of the night!

Standing outside waiting to go in I was very nervous that the night would be horrible, and that we would be listening to music from the 60s all night.

WRONG. The night was amazing. There are two seperate rooms. The well matured folks went to one side. And the younger generation had amazing music all night long. We left at 6:30!

We went in "trafic" this is kind of like a short school bus/ van. That we all meet in one spot to leave, usually the shopping center, and at the end of the night the driver takes everyone to their own house.


The driver's name is Zapo. That is frog in spanish. When we leave the club he ususally has alfaroes for us. Algafores are kind of like cookies, I have a post about them. This time the store was closed : / But when we were driving back at 7 am we stopped at a bakery and bought crisonts. Here they are called "medio lunas" or half moons. SO YUMMY!

Here are some more pictures from last night >>>>>





\

No comments:

Post a Comment