Hi, I'm Anna and I am living as an exchange student in Cordoba. Argentina.
I am living with a family and attending school here. I arrived July 18th and have been loving every minute of my stay here!
I can't belive that I have to leave so soon! I have been having the time of my life, trying new foods, going to new places, and experiencing a new life.
This blog as been set up for my family and friends so that they can see all the crazy adventures I have been having here

Thursday, December 23, 2010

gingerbread adventure.

WOW. Another busy day, filled with many adventures.

first today was HOT HOT HOT.
then we went all went to a friends house to try on jackets and T shirts, to order our sizes for our "senior jackets" that we have been designing all year.
After that i went to go get ice cream with a couple girls, when we entered it HOT, when we left there was a huge storm with wind blowing everywhere!
We left to go to the shopping mall, becuase there was a happy hour. Where everything in the mall was half priced. I knew that was too good to be true. Only one store was like that, and a couple others had 30% off for FIVE minutes only. So much for a great deal.

Later tonight the german and I thought we would share some of our holiday traditions with the family. We attempted to make cookies. Stefi (the german) broguht a pre-made box kit, and i thought it woudl be fun to make gingerbread men and houses. ALOT of work. Have you ever made ginger bread batter from scratch? grind your own ginger, Cinnamon, nutmeg, roll it all out, cut dolls with a knife. We didnt have cookie cutters.

We didnt even ice them yet. We are saving that for tomororw.


The real adventure was when we used a plastive tray insted of a metal one. The family here is like my grandma, memere, they like to store stuff in the oven. And we assumed that sinse it was in teh over it was for baking. in reality it was a plastic thing that looked alot like a metal tray. The house smelled bad for a while, and the tray is trahsed, but the house is still standing!


Christmas here is celebrated at midnight in the 24th, then everyone goes out to party. WAYY different traditions here!


Because of the rain today, tomorrow will be very hot and humid. So jumping in the pool will feel great.

Merry christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment