Hi, I'm Anna and I am living as an exchange student in Cordoba. Argentina.
I am living with a family and attending school here. I arrived July 18th and have been loving every minute of my stay here!
I can't belive that I have to leave so soon! I have been having the time of my life, trying new foods, going to new places, and experiencing a new life.
This blog as been set up for my family and friends so that they can see all the crazy adventures I have been having here

Thursday, October 14, 2010

a typical day in the life of me

I thought i would describe what a typical day in school is like here, what i do, where i go, what school is like.
so here i go...


In the morning the mother wakes me up, usually at 6:45, but sometimes she forgets to wake me up, or she wakes up late so i dont have as much time in the morning. We leave for school at 7:16, unless we are running late. But for breakfast I drink tea while Goyco (the older brother) drinks chocolate milk. There is always cookies, or croissants of sorts for breakfast. The middle brother doesn't eat in the morning, and the little brother doesn't start school until 1 so he brings me my lunch everyday at school.

Once we get at school we have formation. Formation is where each class stands in a line, looks at the flag, and signs the national anthem. Also because i go to a catholic school, they say a prayer of sorts. then we go to class.

The school is different here in the fact that the student are in the same classroom all day, its the teachers that move around. When the teacher enters the classroom everyone stands up, the teacher says good morning, we say good morning, then we sit down. A few teachers say a catholic prayer, then we can sit down.

We have most classes once a week and a couple two times a week. I don't remember all the class of the top of my head but here it goes---> math, music, administration, systems, history, language/literature, english, computers, math, statistics, economics, geography, formation of Christianity, chemistry, biology. And a couple more i cant remember.

Classes are about an hour long, then we have a 10 min break in between each class. We go out to the patio, or to the kiosk. Which is a little store in the school, where they sell sandwiches, cookies, alfajores, gum, pretty much anything.

Alfajores are distinct to argentina, they are like a cookie desert thing. It is a serious of layers of cookie, and ducle de leche, and more cookie, and chocolate. i will post a picture later.

For lunch the grandmother makes a hot sandwhich or hamburger everyday, and sends it with my little brother to school. She makes amazing sandwiches.

School never seems to end at the same time. I think i have it figured out though. Mondays we end at one then have gym class at 3:30, Tuesdays we have geography after lunch and get out at 3 and at 3:30 have gym class. Wednesdays we have conformation after lunch and get out at 3, but I dont think i have to go to that class because im not catholic, still trying to figure that out. Thursdays we have formation of Christianity after lunch, but it seems to be canceled alot so i get to go home. Friday after lunch the class splits into two groups, junior and semenario. Junior is a group that planned the 60th anniversary for the school, and semenario is making a year book of sorts for the school. I am in semenario because we meet less often. This class also seems to be canceled alot.


Any given day school can be canceled or a teacher is missing so we have an open hour. Sometimes we get out early and sometimes we start late. Tomorrow we get out early,


After school I usually come home and sleep for a little bit then go to the gym with friends or just hang around the house. If it is someones birthday we go to their house and eat cookies and drink chocolate milk or coke.

We eat dinner at about 10 every night, sometimes later. But there is always a snack at about 6-8. Crackers and dulce de leche, croissants, or breads of sorts, tea, coffee with milk, or chocolate milk.


After dinner the dad likes to watch movies. Most of the time i watch them with him, but sometimes i really do need to sleep. haha I would say i watch about 3 moveis a week here. Depending when we start the movie is what time i go to bed, but more or less 1:30.


Life is very different here but i love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment